Forum Admin
During these unprecedented times, each and every 757 business is having to adjust its messaging strategy to respond to market and stakeholder concerns. What is your business doing and how are you mobilizing your staff to respond?
Quote 0 0
Steve Harrison Steve
The Virginia Economic Developers Association is hosting weekly webinars with people on the front lines of the economic recovery, including Stephen Moret of VEDP and Jody Keenan of the SBDC.  If you are a member you can view them live every Monday; if not, you can view the video upon its completion here:  https://www.goveda.org/page/COVID-19
Quote 1 0
Erik J. Olson 
Make sure you are communicating with your clients. Send emails, call them, text them...do whatever you need to do to ensure they get your message.

Three weeks ago we sent an email to all of our clients. A day later, our open rate was only 50%. We could have stopped there, but we gathered all our client's cell phone numbers and texted them one by one using our SMS platform.

Make sure your message gets received!

Provide information that they may not be aware of to them them get through this tough time.

Information about EIDL and PPP is super important. Don't assume that they know as much about it as you do. Let them know what programs are available for them to get emergency funding.

And be sure to let them know how you can help them now. I'm 100% not saying to Always Be Closing.

Just the opposite - you have skills that can help your clients. Help them.

~
Erik J. Olson
Array Digital
thisisarray.com
Quote 3 0
Zack Miller ZackMillerSays
Pick up the phone and call each and every one of your customers. Do not simply post a message on Facebook. It's inauthentic af. When they answer the phone say "Thank You" and see if there is anything you can do for them. This cannot then transition into a "Hey, yeaahhh ummm, can you now buy like 10,000 poundz of printer ink?".

Be a human. 

Thank others. Help others. 

Ohh yea, this works during booms and dooms. 

A more detailed response here + here.

P.S. Pin a brief understanding of what your update is on your website and social profiles. Don't overcomplicate this. If you are open or adjusted hours, say it. If you aren't changing anything, simply say, We are open for business. No one wants to read 1,987 words when five work. 

Sincerely, 

Your favorite marketing communicator

Zack Miller (Says)
Marketing made simple, delivered straight to your inbox at 10:13am every Monday morning. Access here.
Quote 2 0
Cathy Lewis Cathy Lewis
Pick up the phone and call each of your employees to see how they're doing and how you can help. A personal call is a tremendous morale booster (I've heard this from several employees who've received such a call). Your team will remember how you treated them in this moment.
Quote 5 0
Douglas L. Smith Doug Smith
Great advice from Cathy Lewis. Same advice holds for your customers, clients or sponsors. 
Quote 2 0
Emanuel Baker KINGCUTS
A couple of weeks ago I launched a virtual form of my barbershop online via Zoom. I created the platform to bring the atomshphere of barbershops and salons to the clients while at home. Its a way to stay engaged and also answer any self grooming needs they may have. 
Quote 2 0
Steve Harrison Steve
What a great idea Emanuel!  Love the idea of keeping the atmosphere going and providing that sense of comfort for people!
A couple of weeks ago I launched a virtual form of my barbershop online via Zoom. I created the platform to bring the atomshphere of barbershops and salons to the clients while at home. Its a way to stay engaged and also answer any self grooming needs they may have. 
Quote 0 0
Emanuel Baker KINGCUTS
Thank you Steve! 
Quote 0 0
Zack Miller ZackMillerSays
Communicate. communicate. communicate. 

On every single platform known to the world. The ones that are thriving, the ones that you thought were extinct. If you have a customer out there, find out what sandbox they play in and jump in and play with them. 

However, do not over communicate. AND do not, and I mean do not simply create messages just because the company across the street from who you sells a similar product is doing so. 

There is no reason to have your message camouflaged just because "you think" you need to create a message because Johnny Post Lately did. 
Marketing made simple, delivered straight to your inbox at 10:13am every Monday morning. Access here.
Quote 1 0